Laser Welding Technician
Job Title: Laser Welding Technician
Duration and or Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week with overtime based on workload. Overtime is paid in excess of 40 hours per week.
Shifts: First, Second, Third
Work Days: Monday – Friday
- Hourly pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Complete benefits package with vacation and personal days off.
The Laser Welding Technician must be able to work independently and is responsible for every job they are assigned, from reading and comprehending blueprints, to choosing the correct material outlined on the prints and setting the material up on their machine. The correct CNC program must be chosen from the server and monitored for the correct speed and quality throughout the welding process. Once completed the job must have a final inspection for any weld irregularities.
Duties and or Responsibilities:
- Using ERP software to assign material and track time on each job.
- Inspecting and cleaning sheet stock prior to welding.
- Moving material using the forklift, overhead crane, pallet jack and vacuum lift.
- Tack welding sheets of material together.
- Minor equipment maintenance.
- Palletizing product once welded.
- Manual lifting of material when necessary.
- Loading and unloading in a timely manner.
- Prolonged standing, climbing, reaching, bending, hammering and lifting.
- A full range of motion with the ability to do so under load.
- Able to withstand the vibrations associated with power tools.
General Job Requirements:
- Safety conscious attitude with good safety record.
- Ability to read a variety of measuring devices including; tape measure, micrometer and depth gauge.
- Blueprint reading and comprehension.
- Experience in a production environment.
- Good communication skills and willingness to work as a team player to achieve company goals.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to accept and answer to authority in a non-defensive and constructive manner.
- Exceptional attendance and punctuality. Attendance is critical with a minimum of two people per shift required.
- Adherence to company policies and guidelines.
- Driver’s license with good driving record.
- Manual TIG welding capability is preferred.
Omega Thermo Products strives to achieve market growth therefore creating and ever-changing work environment. In addition to all things listed above this position will require the individual to have the ability to take on additional duties and assignments. This document is meant to serve as a guideline to the position and should not be construed as a literal document to the limitations of the job.
Please send resume to:
Omega Thermo Products, LLC.
ATTN: VP Operations
P.O. Box 141
Stratford, WI 54484
Email resume and cover letter to: